Antivirus – How to install and uninstall?
First of all, we will tell you what an antivirus is and where it is used. The antivirus is a software package which is used to remove infected and junk files from your computer or laptop which can damage your system files. Nowadays, antivirus versions are also made to work on different smartphones. So antivirus provides full protection to all your gadgets in which you want to access the internet. The web is the main source of the virus and other infected files which can cause damage to the system files of your computer, laptop or smartphone. There are many companies present in the market which offers the best antivirus for your computers and smartphones. It is important to have an antivirus on your phone or computer if you are a regular internet user. Today most of the work is, done on the internet, and that is why the risk of the virus is much higher. The antivirus keeps a regular check on the activities which you are performing on your computer. The number of web threats appearing in one hour in the year 2006 was around 2.37. If you calculate the number of internet threats today, you will find that the number of threats appears per hour today is around 8200. Now you can calculate yourself what is the importance of an antivirus in the computers and laptop in today’s world.
Antivirus in a Smartphone
The number of threats which a user faces in an android device is more than 350000 by the end of the year 2012. It was just 1000 at the starting of the year 2012. The different is very high, and it shows the risk of not having an antivirus in your android device. There are many apps which are available in the play store with the name of the antivirus. They are not an app they are just Fake AV programs that are designed to look like antivirus software but are just opposite. They can cause a harmful effect on your device files. So you have to choose your antivirus carefully. It is always recommended to use a famous and well-known antivirus for your computer or mobile phones. The well-known antiviruses are genuine antivirus which can save your system files from getting infected due to the presence of harmful viruses in your system. So whenever you think of software which can help you to safeguard your identity or to protect your company’s important files from the cybercriminals, then you need the best quality antivirus which has the features to provide all the security to your computer’s important files and identity. Most of the antivirus are available online which provides complete protection against virus and malware issues and helps to increase the speed of your computer which is getting slow. You can buy the antivirus of your choice from the website of the antivirus and then install it on your computer to get the work started quickly.
How to install an antivirus on your computer or laptop?
If you have bug the antivirus of your choice and you just need help to install it into your device, then you can search for the help online. You will get the complete installation process of the antivirus on your computer or smartphone. You just have to follow some steps by which you can easily install antivirus on your computer. The first thing which you have to do while installing an antivirus is to look for any other antivirus present in your system. You have to be very clear that if you have any other antivirus already installed in your system or another version of the same antivirus which you are going to install, then you can face many problems. The problems can be of many types such as slow speed of the computer, no internet access, etc. After that, you have to follow some steps to start the process of the installation of the antivirus. You can set up your antivirus by three methods.
- Set up the antivirus with the help of a CD
- Set up the antivirus with a retail card or Activation code
Before using one of the above process mentioned above, you have to follow some steps to set up the installation of the antivirus properly. The steps are shown in the step up antivirus section.
Set up the antivirus: – There are some steps which you can use to set up the antivirus on your computer. The first thing you should check before setting up an antivirus is to look for the other version or any other antivirus present on your computer or laptop. After that, you should follow the complete process to set up an antivirus. The steps which you have to use before the setup process is done is mentioned below.
- Remove the older version or any other antivirus already present on your computer or laptop
- Try to download the latest version online with the help of the internet
- If there is an antivirus already present, then don’t just uninstall it from the control panel
- Try to run the removal tool to remove the older version or another antivirus completely
- If you don’t have the removal tool, then download one from the website of that antivirus
- The removal tool is available on the particular antivirus website, and it depends on which antivirus you want to remove
- Download the removal tool of that antivirus only from the antivirus website
- You can also use some other tools like Ccleaner free or Revo uninstaller to completely remove the antivirus program present in your computer
- You can download the tools with free version from their website
- After completing the removal process restart your computer
- Now your antivirus is ready to install
After completing the above process, you are all set up to install the antivirus on your computer. You can set up the antivirus either with the help of a CD or with the help of retail card or activation code
Set up an antivirus with a CD: – If you are going to install an antivirus protection on your computer, then you have to take a look at the requirements of the antivirus package whether it is compatible with your computer or not. If you buy the antivirus matching the requirements of your computer or laptop, then it will work best for your computer system. The steps which you have to use to set up the antivirus with the help of a CD is shown below.
- Insert the CD of the antivirus in your computer which you have bought from the market
- Now wait for one minute and let the CD load into your computer
- You will automatically see a pop-up, if not, then go to my computer drives
- Take a look at the removal disk section and open it, you will get a folder with the setup
- Run the setup and follows the instructions carefully to set up the antivirus
- You can select language, country and other details by yourself during the setup process
- Now agree with the terms and conditions and tap on Install
- After the installation process, it will update the antivirus and the settings with the help of the internet
- You can also make an account to manage your services of the antivirus
- Now restart the computer and check if everything is working okay or not
The process of installation of an antivirus with the help of a CD is now complete, and your computer is fully protected from the virus and other malware issues. You can run the antivirus anytime to scan your whole computer to check whether your computer is infected with the harmful files or not. Your identity is safe now, and the antivirus will also protect the important files of your company which you have kept on your computer.
Install the antivirus with the help of an activation code: – If you don’t have a CD which contains the software package of the antivirus and which is used to install an antivirus on your computer, then you can use an activation code to install the antivirus on your computer. If you don’t know the process how to install the antivirus with the help of an activation code, then you can search online for the process. The complete process of the installation of an antivirus with the help of an activation code is present online and you just have to follow some simple steps to install the antivirus on your computer. The process is shown below in the form of some steps which you have to follow.
- Remove any other older version, if any, as discussed before and then restart your computer
- Open the internet browser and visit the activation page on the website of the antivirus which you are going to install
- There you can submit the activation code to activate your antivirus for your computer
- You can also download the antivirus setup and then install the antivirus using the settings given on the antivirus’s web page
- You can agree with the terms and conditions and then set up the antivirus as you wish
- After completing the processes by clicking Next, you will get the option to Install
- Tap the Install button and wait for few moments
- It will ask you to restart and update, and you have to select that option only
- Some antivirus also asks you to create an account which helps you to customize all the services according to your choice
- Now your antivirus is installed and ready to use
The process to install the antivirus with the help of an activation code or retail card is now complete, and your antivirus is now ready to use. You can now scan your computer or laptop for the virus and other malware issues which can be dangerous for your computer system files. The antivirus will also remove the security concerns which you face because of the important company files present in your system. It will protect your data from the cybercriminals who can try to steal your important data from your computer.
How to uninstall the antivirus from your computer?
We will provide you the complete process about how to uninstall the antivirus from your computer or laptop. There are many antivirus software packages present in the market. If you want to install new software, then you have to remove the older version by uninstalling the antivirus from your computer. Having more than one antivirus present in the computer can cause several problems. We will provide you some steps to uninstall an antivirus program. The uninstallation can be done with the help of three methods.
- Uninstall through the Start Menu
- Uninstall through the Add or Remove Program
- Uninstall in the Safe Mode
You can follow one of the processes according to the system requirement to uninstall the antivirus from your computer. We will describe you the steps of each method in detail.
Uninstall through the Start Menu: – You can use the start menu to uninstall the antivirus of the older version from your computer. We will provide you all the necessary steps about how to uninstall the antivirus using the start menu. The steps are as follows.
- Open your computer and go to the start menu
- Now go to the All Programs list and look for the folder of the antivirus which you have to uninstall
- Once found, open the folder and go to the uninstall option
- If the option is available, then click on the uninstall option and follow the steps carefully
- Once you finish the process, your antivirus will be uninstalled completely
- Now by clicking the Finish button, you have completed the process of uninstallation of your antivirus
Uninstall through the Add or Remove Program: – We will provide you the steps which you have to use to uninstall the antivirus with the help of Add or Remove Program. The steps are as follows.
- Go to the utility Windows
- Click on the Add or Remove Programs
- In the list of installed programs, search your antivirus which you want to uninstall
- Once found click on it with the help of left mouse button
- Once the antivirus program is selected click the Uninstall button present at the top of the list
- Complete the process by following the steps
- Now your antivirus is uninstalled from the computer
If you face any problem in the installation, then you have to uninstall the antivirus from the Safe Mode. We will show you the steps in the next process.
Uninstall in the Safe Mode: – This mode is used to uninstall the antivirus program which is currently loaded and running on the computer. If you are not able to disable the antivirus, then you have to uninstall the antivirus in the safe mode. In the safe mode, the installed program will not load and run automatically in the safe mode. That makes the uninstallation process easy and your antivirus can be easily uninstalled. You can use any of the process mentioned earlier to uninstall the program.
The steps mentioned above can be used to install an antivirus on your computer and also to uninstall the antivirus from your computer. If you found the article helpful, then you can give us your feedback. We will try to bring some more articles to help you on the technical issues related to the antivirus. We are a third party source, and I am sure that you get the steps clearly. However, it is difficult to apply the steps exactly, but still, it will provide you much help. You can contact our customer service in case of more help.